Monday, September 3, 2012

Remind101 has Arrived

Remind101 is one of my favorite tech tools as a teacher. Remind101 helps me remind you about important dates, upcoming events, tests, projects, etc. It is a tool that will help you know and remember what's going on a lot better. Ideally, you as the student would write everything down in your planner and then look at it each day after school and complete your homework. Well, I am a realist and I know that many of you fill out your planner but then never look at it at home. The planner is okay, but I think there is a better tool to help remind you about important things in school: The CELL PHONE. We all check our cell phones constantly, so why not use that to my advantage as a teacher? If you have your own cell phone, then you can use that. If you don't have your own cell phone, you can have your parents sign up or use your email address. Remind101 allows me to text message my students in a very safe, secure way. With this tool, I can send out reminders directly to your cell phone, which are sure to be seen by you. Last year, I had 150 subscribers on my notifications list. Parents and students alike raved about how great Remind101 was and how much it helped them know what was going on in social studies.  This year, I hope to get even more. 
Directions on how to sign up will be provided in class. 

Click here for a Remind101 overview.

No comments: