Thursday, January 27, 2011

Water for Sixth Grade: Live. Learn. Blog.


Welcome to Water for Sixth Grade. Since July of 2008, WSG has been growing and expanding to become a very valuable website for sixth grade ancient civilization. Since its inception, it has helped students learn, grow, create, imagine, and collaborate. It has been and will always be a place for students to share ideas, state opinions and discuss with fellow classmates. Now, as Water for Sixth Grade makes its 200th post, we shall celebrate this milestone with the "wordle" picture that I have posted with this post. Click the picture for a bigger view. I have reached into the depths of my brain to share with you all the things that have been featured on Water for Sixth Grade since its birth in 2008. Read the words and reflect and discover what has passed through this website. As we move forward, Water for Sixth Grade will continue to grow, expand and influence the lives of my students. It is my hope that my students will continue to blog, continue to share, continue to create on WSG and utilize it for what it is: a great resource for their social studies learning. It is also my hope that we can use this blog to not only grow in our ancient civilization knowledge, but also as a person, as a thinker, and as a learner in a community that spans more than Brandon, but a community that spans the globe. If you visit this blog and are not a student of mine, I hope you return to see what wonderful students I have. They truly are gifted, every one of them. Just like water is the essential element for life, Water for Sixth Grade, this blog, is the essential element for my students' social studies life. This blog is a three headed monster because of what it DOES. At WSG, Students THINK. Students WRITE. Students READ. Water for Sixth Grade. Live. Learn. Blog.

4 comments:

briannas8 said...

Yay ! Go 6th Graders in Brandon !!

Mr. Klumper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ninette and kids said...

HI, I am a 6th grade social studies teacher in Palos verdes (Los Angeles), CA. LOVE your website!!! I have a tip for you with wordle....
If you want to keep phrases together use the ~....
SO if you want to say Ancient~Greeks~Rock

It will keep the phrases together...

Just thought I would give something back...

Thank you!

Nicole
emery@pvpsud.k12.ca.us

tiad4 said...

hi mr.klumper i am loving greece i am glade you are my water for sixth grade teacher or teacher